Ryan has been training since January and this Sunday will run his first ever full marathon, the Fox Cities marathon in Wisconsin. Leave him well-wishes under the comments section!
24 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Ryan, Good luck this weekend. Sorry Pat and I can't be there! Way to go with all your training. Can't wait to see pics of the race day!
Whoo hoo!! You're going to do great...training is harder than the real deal. When you get to mile 23, think about all of us that are cheering you on and pushing you forward.
Ryan, OK, so I can't resist these typical "Mom" comments - we'll be proud of you no matter where you place - just having the determination to get this far has made us proud! - Wish we could be there, but we'll be cheering you on from sunny Arizona - Good Luck!!! Mom & Bob
Are you paranoid yet about someone before the race bumping your leg and wrecking your knee or Will dropping something on your toe? That's normal.
The first few miles will be crowded and slow. Don't get tripped up and the pace will work itself out later.
About 15 - 17 miles you will question your sanity and think maybe you should have taken up pool or bowling.
About the 20 mile mile marker out, you will start passing the "stud runners" who started too fast and are burnt out and walking.
The last few miles is the fun part. Celebrate and have fun. After the race, all the rough parts will be forgotten. Have fun and feel good about yourself. You are doing something most people have never done or couldn't do.
Ryan, I remember the first time I saw you run. You were running along with Dave at the Tucson Marathon with the car keys in your pocket. Kristina and I were on foot. You'll do better on Sunday because you won't have those heavy keys in your pocket. (Note to Kristina, check pockets.)
You ran well then, imagine how you'll do with your training. I am very proud of you. Running 26.2 miles is a challenge. Most people cannot do it, or like me, are too lazy even to try.
Get ready to answer people who ask you "How long a marathon did you run?" Meaning miles.
Way to go Ryan, this is quite an accomplishment. I can barely drive 26 miles without going crazy so running it is quite impressive. I know that you will do great and good luck!
Seth
PS - Just one quick piece of advice...."never look a gift horse in the mouth".
Ryan, Impressive, Go for it! All of your training will pay off! Do not ever look back! Crest the hill! Don't ever give up! Remember, you are closer to finishing with every step! It's all about the feet! Be the road! The end is near! Finish strong! I had a similar experience when I did a 100 mile bike ride in Texas. I trained, I rode, I am.
Ryan. Whatever you do, don't drive the course the day before to scope it out. You'll just get depressed at how long it is. Get some good tunes on the iPod - some unexpected things, like Violent Femmes "Blister in the Sun" and Yello's "Oh, Yeah". Maybe a little Michael Buble singing "Save the Last Dance for Me". Enjoy those first seventeen miles, because after that might really suck. But above all, know that literally dozens of us are cheering you on! You're setting a tremendous example for your little Will, and that should be motivation enough to get you thru to the end! May the force be with you.
From someone who has never run one mile...I can only say..."uffda." You rule, Ryan. May Kristina be waiting for you at the finish line with a diamond and sapphire bracelet or something else you would like equally as much. I'm proud of you and not the least bit surprised that you've taken on something so big.
Thanks to everyone that wrote words of encouragement. You will all be sorry to hear that, no, I didn't take your voting advice and wear my medal into work.
I happened to see Ryan at his last mile as I was leaving and couldn't believe how good he looked! I am very much in awe of the 'marathoners'! Way to go - you are an inspiration! Tammy
24 comments:
Ryan, Good luck this weekend. Sorry Pat and I can't be there! Way to go with all your training. Can't wait to see pics of the race day!
Jane Thornydale
Tucson, Arizona
Ryan,
Good luck this weekend! I'm sure all of your hard work and training will pay off. You'll knock this out of the park like everything that you do!
Kim Baer
Good Luck!!.... Luck, You'll need luck like a stitch in time saves nine....
Ryan,
Good Luck - kick ass and make us proud.
Steve Johnson
Devils Lake, ND
Whoo hoo!!
You're going to do great...training is harder than the real deal. When you get to mile 23, think about all of us that are cheering you on and pushing you forward.
Tricia
Los Angeles, CA
Get the heck outa here St Clair I can not even run to the mailbox anymore!!
Good Luck Bro dont worry about the last two miles you be fine and when your done could you swing by and pick up my mail.
Ryan,
OK, so I can't resist these typical "Mom" comments - we'll be proud of you no matter where you place - just having the determination to get this far has made us proud! - Wish we could be there, but we'll be cheering you on from sunny Arizona - Good Luck!!!
Mom & Bob
Hi Ryan,
Good luck in your marathon this weekend.
Are you paranoid yet about someone before the race bumping your leg and wrecking your
knee or Will dropping something on your toe? That's normal.
The first few miles will be crowded and slow. Don't get tripped up and the pace will work
itself out later.
About 15 - 17 miles you will question your sanity and think maybe you should have taken
up pool or bowling.
About the 20 mile mile marker out, you will start passing the "stud runners" who started too fast and are burnt out and walking.
The last few miles is the fun part. Celebrate and have fun. After the race, all the rough parts will be forgotten. Have fun and feel good about yourself. You are doing something most people have never done or couldn't do.
Good luck,
Dave Helphrey
Ryan,
I remember the first time I saw you run. You were running along with Dave at the Tucson Marathon with the car keys in your pocket. Kristina and I were on foot. You'll do better on Sunday because you won't have those heavy keys in your pocket. (Note to Kristina, check pockets.)
You ran well then, imagine how you'll do with your training. I am very proud of you. Running 26.2 miles is a challenge. Most people cannot do it, or like me, are too lazy even to try.
Get ready to answer people who ask you "How long a marathon did you run?" Meaning miles.
Auntie Carol
Way to go Ryan, this is quite an accomplishment. I can barely drive 26 miles without going crazy so running it is quite impressive. I know that you will do great and good luck!
Seth
PS - Just one quick piece of advice...."never look a gift horse in the mouth".
Ryan,
Impressive, Go for it!
All of your training will pay off! Do not ever look back!
Crest the hill!
Don't ever give up!
Remember, you are closer to finishing with every step!
It's all about the feet!
Be the road!
The end is near!
Finish strong!
I had a similar experience when I did a 100 mile bike ride in Texas. I trained, I rode, I am.
You will be!
Remember: Marathon = Cake Walk.
Good Luck, I'm impressed!
Dan Killian
Ryan. Whatever you do, don't drive the course the day before to scope it out. You'll just get depressed at how long it is. Get some good tunes on the iPod - some unexpected things, like Violent Femmes "Blister in the Sun" and Yello's "Oh, Yeah". Maybe a little Michael Buble singing "Save the Last Dance for Me". Enjoy those first seventeen miles, because after that might really suck.
But above all, know that literally dozens of us are cheering you on! You're setting a tremendous example for your little Will, and that should be motivation enough to get you thru to the end! May the force be with you.
Anne
Good Luck this weekend Ryan! Wow, what an accomplishment. Remember, you've done the training, so you're ready :).
Will be thinking of you!
Mollee
From someone who has never run one mile...I can only say..."uffda." You rule, Ryan. May Kristina be waiting for you at the finish line with a diamond and sapphire bracelet or something else you would like equally as much. I'm proud of you and not the least bit surprised that you've taken on something so big.
Terry
Dada,
I love you very much and I hope you do a great job on Sunday. You are a really useful engine!
Love,
Will
xxxooo
Ryan,
Congratulations on your marathon victory.
I've never worn my finishing medal to work, because I always had mine pinned on my jammies.
Dave Helphrey
Ryan,
Congratulations on running and completing your first marathon.
Way to go!
Auntie Carol
Congratulations Ryan!
Seth & Amy
I've been thinking about you all day, Ryan--Congratulations! And mowing the lawn, too??? Now I'm really impressed.
We were thinking about you running the marathon this morning while we were chowing on cheeseburgers! Congratulations!!
Joey & Brilynn
Thanks to everyone that wrote words of encouragement. You will all be sorry to hear that, no, I didn't take your voting advice and wear my medal into work.
I happened to see Ryan at his last mile as I was leaving and couldn't believe how good he looked! I am very much in awe of the 'marathoners'! Way to go - you are an inspiration!
Tammy
Ryan,
Way to go!! What an accomplishment!! I can't believe you were out mowing the lawn the next day!!
Heidi (Ryan and Ethan:))
P.S. - I hope you found your sock:)
All of Germany congratulates you! We had a beer (or two or three) in your honor...
Post a Comment